Ergonomics & Comfort
- Seats are made for people, but people have their problems with seating.
- Sitting in a car for an extended period puts particular strain on the back as there is no freedom for compensatory movement and many seats put pressure on one side of the spine.
- RECARO Automotive Seating can look back on decades of experience in developing and constructing car seats, with quality, safety, design and seating comfort as the abiding essential elements of our philosophy.
RECARO AUTOMOTIVE SEATING has introduced a unique process for analysing long-term seating comfort. Using ultrasound sensors, posture and physical movements are measured precisely to determine the ergonomic quality.
Functions of a car seat ...
- Supports the occupant’s body under all driving conditions.
- Offers adequate protection and body support in the event of an accident.
- Allows for extended sitting without fatigue by relieving stress on the body’s muscular system.
- Provides a contour matched to the vehicle and the occupant (sports seat, comfort seat, etc.) without restricting movement.
Back pain is the most common reason for visiting the doctor, accounting for almost 50 million sick days annually in Germany. Those most affected are people engaged in repetitive physical activities, especially frequent drivers.
Driving for hours in a forced posture without any compensatory movement is harmful to the back. Ergonomically incorrect sitting postures (such as “swayback”) further exacerbate the negative effects. This quickly leads to abrasion of the spinal disc and to back problems.
The best answer to this problem are ergonomic seats from RECARO Automotive Seating, which adapt ideally to the occupant and meet the highest standards for comfort and design.
Seats from RECARO Automotive Seating follow this philosophy and are always a guarantor of ergonomically and orthopedically correct seating. They play an essential role in improving quality of life by sustaining health and providing greater motivation and active/passive safety.
RECARO seat training – Eight steps to the correct sitting position
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
... taxi driver Dieter Gützlaff from Kirchheim/Teck, Germany has been driving in a RECARO seat for over 40 years? His RECARO Idealsitz from 1967 has been his companion across over 2 million kilometres.